In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “1984.”
Well, as you can see, one of my greatest fears is spiders.
If I am locked in a room with a spider of this size I am sure I would keep the lights on, then find myself a weapon, or two, and wait until it shows it’s head, then WHAM! I would only be relieved if the spider is totally mashed, and not moving at all. Of course, I still want to get out of there, because where there is one, so there will be more.
I am convinced that fear creates anxiety, and as that anxiety increases the likelihood of physical symptoms, as in the”fight or flight ” response, will appear. So comes the violence, because I can’t escape……why? It’s only a spider, it doesn’t want to hurt me.
Maybe if I just let it go about it’s business, and it doesn’t touch me, I can let it live. Depending on how long I have to be locked in the same room with it……..because sooner or later, I’ll become weary from vigilance, and, for me to sleep, I’d have to know that the danger is eliminated. Either I’m out of there, or it is gone, however that goes down.
Am I a bad person because I would kill a spider?
- Admitting you have a problem with clutter is the first step, as in 12 Step Program (CA), for those afflicted, and that is me. March 12, 2018
- Why Nursing is the ‘Bedrock’ of Healthcare May 17, 2017
- SHARING MY WORLD May 16, 2017
- SHARING MY WORLD May 10, 2017
- I Love Gray, it is my Favorite Color. April 25, 2017
- Follow rsrwrnblog on WordPress.com
kiwinana on … rsrwrn2014 on … Daily Prompt: Please… on Daily Prompt: Pleased… kiwinana on Pour Some Sugar on Me… kiwinana on …